Water treatment and our world go hand in hand, even if you don't know it (and many don't, 所以不必担心, 你并不孤独). 作为一个行业，保护我们的水从文明开始就很重要. Water treatment consists of more than just your township maintenance person coming to check your water usage levels or to turn the water lines on or off in your neighborhood. 尽管这是水处理中最明显和最知名的方面, at the Association of Water Technologies (AWT), we represent an entirely different aspect of water treatment personnel. In the commercial and industrial industries, water treatment is viewed as a means of helping a company and their buildings be energy efficient by maximizing heat transfer from one equipment surface to another, 同时保持暖通空调系统管道畅通, 像规模, 腐蚀, and microbiological contamination. 基本上, 水处理是指那些使水更容易被期望的最终用途所接受的过程, which can include use as drinking water or industrial processes, 暖通空调冷却或加热, 或废物处理.
Water treatment can include chemical, mechanical, or physical processes.The goal is for water to be optimally utilized, 从而节约能源和财政，节约用水和减少能源使用. 维持一个有效和成功的水处理程序是一个团队的努力. 在我们这个行业, you will find that our teams have a plethora of moving parts, not all of which are even science related.
以下是工业水处理中各种职业路径的细分. One thing to note however, is that just like water treatment systems, each water treatment company is unique. 列出的一些工作职责可能会被合并，并由公司内的一个人完成, while other jobs may not be required by a company at all. Water treatment companies encompass a variety of products and services, ranging from service providers to 测试 laboratories to manufacturers of water treatment equipment or products. Choosing the best path to take within the water treatment industry will depend on your personal interests and strengths. Whichever your career choice, you will become part of one large family in the spectrum of water treaters working together toward the same goal.
Water Technology Career Descriptions
- 办公室经理(OM) — An OM in the water treatment industry is responsible for developing and implementing new administration systems, such as record management, and for reviewing and updating health and 安全 policies. 管理办公室可能会管理一个团队，通常包括行政助理. 他们经常管理，例如，接待区，收发室和安全人员. Their role might also include recruitment, training and induction of new staff, and ensuring adequate labor coverage at all times. 管理活动和会议计划也可以包括在OM的职责中, as companies often host training or holiday events for their customers. 在大多数情况下, an associate degree is required for the position of OM, although a bachelor's degree in arts or business may be preferred.
- Administrative Assistant (AA) -水处理行业的机管局负责处理有关文件和档案的基本办公室操作. The primary duty is to assist in everyday basic office operations. This can range from document filing for HR, 会计, or correspondence reports; office organization; telephone operations; recordkeeping; and miscellaneous projects, 必要时. An AA will typically report to the office manager and would be trained in water treatment at a basic introductory level. A high school diploma is generally required to be an AA, 但文科或商科大专或学士学位者优先.
- 销售经理(SM) -销售经理负责维护客户和开发新客户, selling prospective clients on 成本 savings, and providing customers with efficient and friendly service. The SM can be either an entry or experienced level position. 有效的水处理需要基本的水处理培训，这可以在工作中提供. 作为一个SM, you can expect to become familiar with everyday processes in the water treatment industry and use this knowledge to cold call new account prospects and continuously follow up with potential prospects to help ensure the successful acquisition of new accounts. A sales position within a water treatment company typically involves traveling in and around the company's operational area. It is desirable that an SM have a bachelor's degree, preferably in business or marketing, along with 3 to 5 years of experience as a sales representative.
- 服务技术员(圣) -供水系统工程师的主要职责是为现有的供水系统提供服务. This is typically an entry level position. Initial and continued training is provided by the company throughout the ST's career as techniques and technology evolve in the industry. 这项工作通常包括处理化学品以及安装和维护水处理设备. ST's are typically responsible for 测试 water treatment systems to ensure proper chemical levels and completing service reports using the test results. Being an ST with a water treatment company often requires traveling in and around the company's operational area. 成为ST, either an associate or bachelor's degree in chemistry, 生物学, 环境 science/engineering, 或化学工程 is preferred.
- Water Treatment Specialist (WTS) - WTS是水处理行业需要经验的职位. WTS从ST开始，逐渐发展成为行业内的专家. 经过五年的水处理公司和AWT的经验和联合培训, a service technician can potentially learn enough to obtain their Certified Water Technologist (CWT) designation. Obtaining the CWT designation denotes that the performance of an individual reflects current best practices of the industry and that the individual possesses outstanding knowledge in the industry regarding application and treatment programs. Upon obtaining this certification and becoming a WTS, an individual may draft reports and quotations and interpret and discuss results of service visits with clients. 因为wts起源于st, 这条职业道路的优先要求是拥有化学专业的大专或学士学位, 生物学, 环境 science/engineering, 或化学工程, followed by at least five years of ST experience.
- Customer Service Representative (CSR) — Being a CSR requires the ability to handle multiple tasks. 通常, CSR将处理客户关于订单的来电, 服务访问请求, 和投诉. csr也可以打电话给客户和供应商询问订单状态和库存更新, and to obtain miscellaneous information, 必要时. 对于水处理企业来说，一个令人愉快和舒适的企业社会责任是一项宝贵的资产. 在大多数情况下, a high school diploma is required to work as a CSR, although an associate degree in arts or business may be preferred. In today's fast paced workplace, having knowledge or experience in computer-based systems such as Microsoft Office and other technological applications is incredibly helpful in making order entry and tracking efficient. It is beneficial for a CSR to be a skilled typist and to have good organizational skills to ensure efficient data entry and competency in managing office tasks.
- Laboratory Technician (LT) - LT在实验室环境中对STs或wts获得的样品进行水测试分析. This position is typically entry level, 由水处理公司提供初步和持续的培训. lt可能负责处理实验室化学品和分析设备, maintaining laboratory inventory, and completing analysis sheets with test results. LTs often report to a laboratory analyst. LT最好拥有化学或其他分析科学学位.
- Laboratory Analyst (LA) -洛杉矶水处理行业的职位需要培训和经验. 洛杉矶的职位通常由担任LT多年的人担任, and after obtaining experience and expertise in interpreting results, 被提升为洛杉矶人. Responsibilities of an LA include overseeing the laboratory activities, LTs总经理, 和培训 the LTs in proper analysis techniques and data recording. A critical part of an LA's job is to interpret analytical results from various analyses and to provide reports for STs and WTSs, including recommendations. 像LTs, 助教通常具有化学或其他分析科学学位, but they continue to earn continuing education credits in science and management related courses to progress in their careers.
- Manufacturer Technician (MT) -水处理行业的MTs通常在水处理设备制造厂工作. MT负责制造过程的各个方面，如建造, 测试, 并检查产品或产品组件的质量或功能. MT也可以用来解决产品或设备的问题. 除了 to their 生产 responsibilities, MTs may be expected to document 生产 logs, 操作程序, 维护生产效率报告，同时保持生产所需材料的库存. Some MTs are encouraged to assist in new product or prototype development as advances in technology occur in the ever-evolving water treatment industry. Some MTs help find ways for operations to run more efficiently. MTs are a valuable asset to the water treatment industry, as their knowledge and skills help to provide 服务技术人员 and water treatment specialists with the necessary technical support to effectively and efficiently maintain customers' systems. 在大多数情况下, an MT will have a mechanical, 电, 环境, or computer engineering degree.
- 产品开发人员(PD) — PDs in the water treatment industry are often found at water treatment product (chemical) manufacturing or blending plants. A PD typically has a background in engineering or chemistry and works closely with other personnel in the industry, 包括营销人员, 会计师, 其他科学家, 高管, 服务技术人员, and water treatment specialists. They are responsible for the 安全, 功能, 成本, and style of the products being manufactured. PDs are responsible for conducting research to support a product gaining competitive advantage over other similar products in the market while maintaining 成本 effective 生产. 除了, pd负责与其他人员协调以创建操作, 安全, and labeling documentation for newly developed products.
- 工厂经理(PM) -水处理行业的pm与办公室经理的角色相似, 除了他们是在制造环境中运作而不是在办公环境中. 项目经理监督设备或产品制造工厂的日常运作，并监督员工, 生产, 和效率. 他们负责确保核电站平稳、快速和安全地运行. They are responsible for creating and keeping work and 生产 schedules; hiring 和培训 new employees; collecting and reviewing data to identify waste or potential for improvement; maintaining worker and plant 安全; and monitoring 生产 equipment for quality, 穿, and repair and replacing equipment 必要时. pm负责制造品出厂前的质量控制. 他们是部门之间的沟通者，所以有效的沟通技巧是必须的. PMs generally require a bachelor's degree in industrial engineering, 工商管理, 或者类似的学科, 虽然偶尔有经验丰富的MT或有经验的PD在参加管理课程后成为PM.
- Marketing Specialist (MKTS) - MKTS协助向客户推销公司的产品和服务. An MKTS is trained to research habits and trends of the customer and uses this information to develop ideas for creative and effective marketing campaigns. 他们决定了到达行业目标客户并与之沟通的最有效的方法. Because of their unique skillset, MKTSs经常被要求协助营销经理策划公司的活动, often coordinating with familiar external vendors. MKTS通常需要市场营销或传播专业的学士学位.
- Human 资源 Specialist (HRS) — An HRS is the office personnel responsible for recruiting, 筛选, 面试, and placing workers within the water treatment company. Depending upon the size and structure of the company, they may also handle employee relations, 工资, 好处, 和培训. HRSs have similar job duties to those of an OM and may aid in planning, 导演, and coordinating the administrative functions of an organization. They often consult with 高管 on strategic planning and serve as a liaison or negotiator between a company's management staff and its employees. hr需要以专业的方式处理机密信息. 一般, an HRS must be good at multitasking, 因为他们经常需要同时处理多个职责. 人力资源、商业或相关领域的学士学位要求是人力资源管理人员.
- Accounting Specialist (AS) — An AS for a water treatment company has the responsibility of providing 会计 support for accounts payable, general ledger 会计, and account reconciliation. An AS may also be responsible for handling 工资 or maintaining a balanced corporate financial portfolio for the company. To work as an AS for a water treatment company, a bachelor's degree in 会计 or finance is required.
Find a Water Treater Near You: Connect with a company in your area.